Giving You Information and Inspiration!

Right Way To Control My Emotion



I would like to share to you my article and I hope you'll like this piece of my story.
I had an officemate who was scolded by the owner of the company on a small error in his work. He was angry to our Boss, without thinking, he resigned. After a day he called me, he said he regret what he had done. I told him, he should not decide when his emotion was at its peak or low because he’ll end up making a wrong judgment.
When I was a young manager, I barely hold my emotion. I react to every situation aggressively. I thought my reasons were right. I don’t consider the feelings and emotions of other. However, one day I attended a workshop regarding Emotional Intelligence or Emotional Quotient that change my perception about my feelings and other people’s emotions.
Emotional Intelligence – is the ability to effectively understand and manage your own and other people’s emotions positively and constructively.
We were taught on how we will control our emotions to bring positive impact to people that they will surely like us rather than hate us. They showed us that major or leading industries attributes 85% - 90% of career and leadership success on high EQ. Sales and customer service personnel with high EQ were found to generate twice revenue of people with average EQ.

Personal Emotional Quotient


• We need to recognize and understand our own emotional state.
• We have to manage our emotions to achieve positive and productive outcome.
• We must inhibit or avoid negative response to provocation.
• We need to manage frustrations, stress, conflicts and adversities constructively.
• We must motivate and uplift oneself to pursue valuable goals.


Social Emotional Quotient


• We have to recognize and understand other people’s emotional state
• We need to respond appropriately and positively to other people’s emotion.
• We must build good rapport and interpersonal relationship with other people.
• We have to manage interpersonal differences and conflicts in positive way.
If we will learn how to use our EQ, we will be able to establish our own charisma. Most of the people who mastered their EQ build a good and lasting impression to others. This charisma factor will definitely seal your status and your own brand and style.
After the workshop, I was able to remember those pointers that I must use to help me manage my Emotional Quotient. And those knowledge I learned until now is a big help for me.






Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels